Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Can See The Edge!

It's starting. I'm actually going down to Portland tomorrow. I have an interview Tuesday morning with Wells Fargo. It's not the only place I've applied, and it's not the one that I am truly praying for.

Trying to find a job online is not the easiest task as those of you may know. When I first applied at Wells Fargo, I was so excited to receive a call back and a phone interview. I prayed, almost begging, that I could get that job! I knew that I shouldn't stop applying to places though, at least not stop looking. So still only wanting the teller position, I would just go online and look. Nothing then seemed appealing at all after knowing what I really wanted. Or so I thought.

I have grown up in a Lutheran church and have always been involved for as long as I can remember. From singing in the choir to directing it, being in youth group to leading it, playing the trumpet during worship, leading and teaching Vacation Bible School and so on. Why this random bunny trail?? Well, in the mists of all the admin/receptionist/customer service jobs that I've been looking through, there it was. "Lutheran." "Lutheran Church Administrator!" At first I wasn't all that thrilled, but it did perk my interest enough to apply, unlike every other listing I found after the Wells Fargo call. I told my mom about it, I e-mail my pastor about it, talked about it to others, and the more I talked about it, the more excited I got. I wrote up a cover letter and sent it in along with my resume. This would be the absolute perfect job. It puts right into a community with fellow Christians, is exactly what I want as far as the kind of admin/secretary work I've been looking for, and it's working in a church like I've done all my life! Not to mention I am wanting to pursue becoming a WEDDING photographer! And where do a tons of weddings take place?? That's right! A CHURCH! haha It all matches up with everything I am looking for. Now... if it's what the Lord wants, thats a different story. We shall wait and find out, but in the mean time, I am going to try everything in my power to try and get that job.

Monday, after I get down to Portland, I am going to go see the church and go introduce myself. :) Monday is technically the last day they are taking applications, so thats perfect timing. Pray for me!

Now... my ankle. Oh my word, can you say frustration!? Survived getting my blood drawn and it came back as normal. I am fine and healthy and they STILL don't know whats wrong. I had to go back and do more x-rays and make another appointment for next Thursday. Until then, I have to wear yet another air cast and just wait. Oh joy! The Lord is teaching me patience in oh so many ways.

Last but not least, here are some pictures of Jim and Jan Thomasson with their 5 very well loved dogs they call their kids.
Funny story; Donella and Jim used to play racquetball together at the Y. Jim still comes in every Tuesday and Thursday to play and thats how I got to know him. My mom grooms dogs, and Jan has brought two of the five pups to her for a couple years now. When Donella and Jeff had their reception in town, Jim and Jan attended as well as my mom. Jan sat by my mom and introduced Jim to her and asked how she knew Donella. She pointed over to me and it all clicked. Boy is it a small town and oh how I am going to miss it!
They asked me to take their family pictures and I was very happy to oblige. They are the sweetest nicest couple with very well behaved "children" and a beautiful home!
Thank you Jim and Jan for inviting my friend and I into your lives. It was most certainly my pleasure and I hope in return you love your pictures as much as I loved taking them. :)

So until next time, pray for a productive and safe trip down to Portland! I'll fill ya'll in when I get back.

Happy Sunday.









No comments:

Post a Comment