Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Close Your Eyes and Hold On!

Ok, so ya know how I was all anticipating a phone call on Monday for the bank job? Yeah well, it never came. So I called and found out the manager who was supposed to call me took the day off. Of course he did! Waiting and making myself sick worrying about what was going to happen. Do I have the job? When do I start? How much should I have packed and ready to go? What if I didn't get the job? Then what do I do? How much longer until I find another job? What, How, When...
Question after question racing through my mind and no answer until I get this one little phone call, which is so unimportant on the other end, obviously. "Tomorrow he will be here and call you."
"Tomorrow."
"Tomorrow."
Tuesday comes, I'm feeling a little better after going through scenarios in my head and praying and knowing the Lord is taking care of me. So I wait and call around 9am. "Oh, the manager is in a managers meeting and he's not here." HA! of course he is!! Why wouldn't he be? "I will give him your number and make sure he calls you."
3 o'clock rolls around so I call again. "He's still in a meeting and I PROMISE you he will call you(Guess when! Yep!) TOMORROW"!

Guess what?!?!? It's TOMORROW! haha and, well, still no phone call. Are you kidding me?!?!

Sigh. Can you say Frustration?!

Now, I loooove amusement parks with all the rides and roller coasters! My favorites are even the ones that go upside down! Love the feeling of slowly, slowly, click....click...clicking your way up to the top of the very first plummet towards the earth. The anticipation causing your heart to race, clenching your teeth, holding on for dear life making you sick to your stomach adrenalin rush, you're eyes are closed, not knowing when you're getting to the top, not knowing when you're going to drop, waiting...click...click... ANY DAY NOW!!!!!! Goodness gracious I can't handle this anymore! This must be the largest drop in history and I'm not sure I'm ready. I just want to get to the top already so I can scream out all of these emotions that I have built up. One little phone call will determine so incredibly much.

Sad isn't it?

I'm feeling more at peace with whatever happens though, no matter what the outcome. Either way it's what God wants and I have to figure out what I am supposed to learn from everything and just enjoy the ride. I'm closing my eyes, holding on for dear life and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it while giving God the glory and trusting He's not going to let me plummet towards the earth without a seatbelt.

One way to enjoy the ride is with friends and pumpkins. I went to a pumpkin carving party at Donella's tonight. Had a great time with food, friends, and pumpkin guts everywhere! MMmm Nummy! Trying to decide what you are going to carve into the pumpkin is that hardest part! I finally just figured I would carve leaves all over. I ended up just doing one detailed leaf and I LOVE how it turned out. So of course I had to take a picture to share with everyone. :)

Enjoy!

And until next time, just close your eyes, hold on and enjoy the ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment