Friday, October 23, 2009

Getting Lost

Is it just me, or is it ironic that while trying to move to pursue photography after 3 years of trying to do it here, I just now start getting booked solid for pictures? No one can tell me the Lord does not have a sense of humor. Seriously! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all, I just might be a tad annoyed, haha.

Saying "no" is definitely not in my everyday vocabulary. I very rarely take it out, dust it off, use it, only to feel bad for doing so in the end anyway. Something I should probably work on. When it comes to something I enjoy and would make someones day, I just can't let people down. That then equates to my stress level going up and a packed full schedule. Add to that the situation I am in. This is where trusting in the Lord really comes into play.

I would never admit this to anyone, so don't tell, but I am really scared. I have no idea what I've done. I have quit one of the best jobs I've had before getting another one, started packing up without a place to live yet, started thinking about saying goodbye to people who have truely changed my life, and my bank account is slowly dwindling away. Life is about taking risks right? Whoever said that must have never takin' any risks and been just a lil insane. No one in their right mind would encourage this horrible feeling that keeps you up at night. Do I regret it?
Never.

Being a photographer gives me a chance to get lost. Lost in the beauty of people, of nature, finding the greatness of the world around us that God has created, and making the ordinary extraordinary. While forgetting everything else, and letting that stress level come down to almost nothing. I thank you all SO much for the encouragement and to those who I've been able to get lost with.

Chelsea darling, you were so fun to photograph! You have one of the most beautiful smiles and I loved how hard it was for you to not! Thank you for really wanting me to document your senior year, something you will remember forever and I hope I did you justice! Can't wait to show you the rest. :)

Until next time, what makes you get lost?










No comments:

Post a Comment