Saturday, December 26, 2009

Put A Lil' Love In Your Heart!

MERRY belated CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Ive had a good few days surrounding Christmas. A week or so ago Jamie's mom asked if I would take their family portrait while everyone was together. Wednesday Dec. 23rd was the only night everyone was going to be at the house, so that determined the when.
I absolutely LOVE Jamie's family, almost so much to where they feel like my own, so I was excited to go up and be apart of their Christmas, even if it was just for a picture. I broke out my studio lights for the shoot, beings the best time for them was in the evening... and I literally... broke out my lights. After fiddling around with the stands trying to remember how to put them together, giving away how long it had been since I used them, two bulbs blew after I finally figured it out. These aren't cheap regular bulbs either! Then, while trying to take out one of the burnt bulbs, it broke off inside! Trying to not panic, I tried my last bulb and light socket praying that my last chance wont let me down. After thanking the Lord that it worked, then came the fun part! Getting 16 people to all look at me, smile, and keep their eyes open is quite an interesting challenge.
It's really funny that I became a photographer and want to photograph weddings. I've never really been one to be center of attention. Standing in front of that many people staring at me, trying to get them all to smile made me feel like standing up in front of a classroom full of students looking at me waiting for the punch line to come, aaaand it never comes.
The best part of the night... knowing everyone's name! Having 11 outa 16 names all start with "J" I feel that, that is a huge accomplishment! haha


Thursday night, Christmas Eve, my mom was having a family gathering with tons of food after church. Throughout the day, I asked my mom several times what time church was, and she repeatedly told me 7. For some reason that didn't seem quite right, but I went with it. I get ready and head out, drive the 30min drive, park right by the sign in front of the church that reads "Christmas Eve Service 6 & 8pm" to realize that that not quite right feeling was correct. Having an hour waiting around wouldn't have been a problem if family wasn't coming over when the second service was supposed to start! So, I call my mom making sure she saw the sign and turned around to go back home. This year is the first year I have ever missed a Christmas Eve service! Its definitely one of my favorites with the songs, the Christmas story, candles and seeing the church packed with people you only get to see once or twice a year! It's great! So, believe me I will never let my mom live down getting the time wrong, and never let myself live down that I didn't double checked! Next year, I'm going to triple check, no, quadruple check, so I don't miss it again.
Family came over and we had a good visit with the kids running... yes, running, around! So very entertaining! I am really going to need to work on the not-laughing-at-something-when-its-wrong-and-I-need-to-be-serious part of parenting! haha

Christmas went by without a hitch. Before driving back home the night before, I made sure I knew what time Christmas morning service was. 10:30am. So got up, got ready in the same thing I wore the night before and headed for church again, making it on time. Came home, relaxed in my moms house, ate an early dinner, had my favorite, pumpkin pie, and then watched old Disney classics the rest of the night! It was a good day!

Today is my moms birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!!!
With no money, I didnt do Christmas presents this year. So with no money, I had to come up with SOMETHING that was meaningful and FREE for my moms birthday. So, I grabbed a box I had lying around, took strips of paper, and wrote tons of little messages on them overflowing the little box for my mom. I also took daughter/mother songs and made her a CD. All very time consuming and meaningful with no money attached. The best kind of presents I think!! Full of Love!
Happy Birthday Mom! I Love You!!!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas full of Love!!!

So until next time... Go love a little! :)


Add Image

2 comments:

  1. How very sweet. I think I agree with you that sometimes the cost free gifts have much more meaning in the long run. I hope that my kids get that some day. This year was not one of them. Merry Christmas!!! Happy New Year!!! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank. You Daughter I Love You very very very much ..it was the Best

    Birthday present since the Book you gave
    me. You are the Best , the CD is so great I can't find the words honey , Thank You , you made my Birthday Kristina..

    ReplyDelete