Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Steps...

Ok, so the last time I posted, I had a great... no, GREAT day.

Right after that, I had a terrible day. Things came crashing down on me that I was trying to ignore and keep high up on the shelf. Life lesson, the higher up on the shelf, the higher they fall and the more they hurt. Lesson learned.

I'm trying a lot harder to listen to what God is saying, and do His will. After my lil break down, I had a good cry and talked with a truly amazing friend making me feel better.

For a while now, my laptop had really taken a beating with all the pictures and programs and files I had on there. I transferred most to my external hard drive to clear up space, performed everything I knew how to do to try and make it run faster... no luck. It kept getting slower and less responsive every day. Can you say Frustration!?!?! I wanted to scream and throw my once beloved computer out of a 23 story building and watch it shatter to pieces as it hit the concrete right before a parade of elephants stomped those little pieces into nothingness. Extreme? Well, trust me, you would have felt the same way if you are trying to finish 4 photo sessions and things kept getting undone after taking 20min to complete one function in your editing program.

Needless to say, I needed a new computer with the non-existent money I had. :)

The next day I made the decision to make changes in my life that I could control. I couldn't control my computer, but I could control how to feel about it, how to react to it, and how to learn what God was teaching me from it.

I also made a conscience decision to really take control of my weight.... Phew, I did it, I said it! This is really hard for me to talk about, but I figured if I talk about it on here, and people read this, then I have to stick to my guns and keep myself accountable.

I did weight watchers several years ago and lost over 30lbs and then quit. I started again with the online version when I started working at the Y because I also had access to working out. I quit WW because I couldn't afford it anymore and I knew the points system, so from there I could do it on my own. That didn't last long doing it on my own, but I was still working out twice a day, 5 times a week. I reached a plateau and then my ankle started acting up. One thing after another, and now here I am... Not working at the Y anymore, working from home, sitting most the time, and having a really messed up ankle. Let’s just say I have not exactly LOST any weight.

Thursday I started writing everything down again and calculating points. So far so good! I'm going to weigh myself every Monday and *holding breath* Post weight loss, or gain, here! That’s so scary! But I'm hoping ya'll will help me!! If you have any inspirational quote and/or story, a healthy recipe, or anything, you can post in a comment below. I'm really hoping to get inspired and to help inspire you. Not just in weight loss, but in everyday life! What can you change to make you happier??It doesn't have to be huge... start with baby steps!! Start with waking up, smiling, and saying out loud, "Today is going to be a good day!" And when things don’t go the way you want them to go, what can you take from it and learn?

So, the reason for the post.... Drum roll please....

I got a new computer!!!!!!!!!! This is how God works... Waits to see if you truly trust in Him, and then He blesses us in unbelievable leaps and bounds.

Friday my mom WON a computer. Entered in a $5 raffle, and WON! Not knowing what she was even entering, just knowing that the money was going to help others.

A brand new, HP Pavilion, all-in-one computer, with wireless keyboard and mouse... Knowing I needed a computer and have been trying to get one for a while, she unselfishly gave it to me for my Christmas present!!!! Between her and God, I am so blessed and still can't believe the miracles God can do and how He truly provides for us! Seriously??? I'm still in awe.

So here’s to baby steps! Trust in God and He amazingly provides!

Until next time... what's your baby step!?






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great to hear kika. Keep up the good work. You'll get there soon. My baby steps is 31four.com. Gotta get it off the ground. still WIP, so say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post, kristina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! How awesome!!! A new compur AND making the decision to make changes in your life to make you happier. I'm so happy for you! One website I want to share with you for your weight loss goal is www.sparkpeople.com. It's similar to weight watchers, but FREE!!! I really need to get my weight in check too, so maybe we can help motivate each other. I've lost your phone number, though. I got a new phone and they didn't transfer right. Take care & I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete