Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Taste...

...of my life...

I did something I dont normally do. I filled out one of those, "fill this out and send it to everyone" things yesterday. It was 25 random things about yourself so I thought I would post it here so those of you who want to, can get to know me just a little bit better.
So, here it is, 25 random things, facts, and goals...

1. My nickname is Kika. It came from my friend from Slovakia. It means Kristina and I hear its a popular name over there! I also have my own name day :)

2. My favorite color is Yellow, but I sometimes tell people its the rainbow. I just love all bright fun colors!

3.I lived on a boat for the first 4 years of my life, and my long term goal/dream has been to always own a yacht someday to spend weekends/summers on.

4. I dont think I could live anywhere where the ocean is not at least an 2 hours away.

5. I love shoes, but its so hard to find cute shoes that are size 12!

6. I have a specific pillow that I have a hard time sleeping without.

7. I play the trumpet and band was my life in high school. My most fond memories were the Lionel Hampton Jazz Fest. in Moscow, ID.

8. I hate onions, peppers, carrots, and anything spicy.

9. Absolutely LOVE to cook and make up my own recipes.

10. Ellen Degeneres is my favorite!

11. Out of everywhere I have been, I still think Port Angeles is the most beautiful place and feel very lucky and spoiled to have been born and raised here.

12. I have a strong relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ who died for my sins and by His mercy I am saved and am able to go to Heaven!!

13. I dont like to read but I Love the Twilight series!!! It's actually gotten me to try reading other books.

14. On the rare occasion you catch me watching TV, I will most likely be watching the Food Channel or HGTV.

15. My dream car when I was younger was a yellow Mitsubishi Lancer. 4 cars later, I now own one :)

16. I work very hard for what I have and wouldn't want it any other way.

17. My friends are my life and family and don't know what I would do without them! I feel so blessed to have as many as I do that truly care about me.

18. One of my brothers died when I was 5 and still remember the long night when my mom found out.

19. One of my favorite bands is still Hanson and proud of it! lol

20. I have a best friend who lives in Norway, Ida, who Im gonna go visit one pretty day!!! :)

21. Smiling is my favorite thing, but I hate my teeth and am going to get them fixed as soon as I get insurance!

22. I'm a natural blonde, but haven't actually been blonde in over 5 years.

23. Since 5th grade all the way to my Senior year I wanted to be an architect. I still would love to build my own house that I design.

24. I want twins. (I know Im crazy) One boy, one girl.

25. I am going to be a successful professional international photographer one day! :D


And... a Taste of the Peninsula...

Saturday, Nov. 7th was the 3rd annual Taste of the Peninsula and it was a sold out success! It gives people and couples a night out to dress up and sample the best wines and menus across the Olympic Peninsula. Truly an amazing event that would not happen without the driving force of Communications & Development Director, Getta Rogers. With the help of the YMCA staff and an amazing turn out of sponsors this year, it went off without a hitch!

I was privileged enough to be able to go the whole evening and capture the night that will be unforgettable. There was live jazz front and center on stage, art from the YMCA Community Art School proudly displayed, a silent auction and of course the incredible food and wine tasting. What a great night and so glad that I could be apart if it!

There was a "Twilight" basket, so of course had to get a shot. ;)



There were amazing baskets decked out in bright colors and fun arrangements.


DELICious food! This was my favorite of the evening for sure. Italian bread topped with bacon, lettuce, salmon, tomato and this brilliant sauce on top. MMmm!



One word.... Cheeeeeeese!!!


I love this picture. I makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!


This one too! Would it ruin the picture if I told you that beautiful cake is fake? If it does, I'm just kidding ;)


Even DESSERT! How can you go wrong?!


And chocolate thats soooo amazing that you have to have a ticket to get one. It pretty much is equivalent to a golden ticket. Pretty much.


And of course the lovely, the talented, the beautiful cashier ladies, Mrs. Tonja and Mrs. Candi. You're Fabulous!! Thats all I can say :)


Live jazz from the "Taste of Jazz Quintet"


MMmm, food!


I really wish I would have gone up here during the middle of the evening. This is towards the beginning and doesn't even come close to showing how many people were actually there, not including the dining hall.


So it just goes without saying... you definitely need to go next year and find out the fabulousness of tasting the peninsula. It's deLISH!

So until next time, make sure you enjoy all the tastes of life.

~Kika

No comments:

Post a Comment