Friday, September 4, 2009

What's Your Ocean?


Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin', plannin’ and dreamin'… or maybe the order should be, Prayin’, and thinkin’, and hopin’, and wishin’, and dreamin’…then plannin’?

So life is getting ready to take a very sharp 190* turn… for the better. At least that’s what I keep telling myself and keep praying for. We shall see what the Lord has planned and see if it matches up with what I am thinkin.

I did it though. I took the largest, scariest first step towards the edge of the dock. Yes, I am standing on a dock, just as you are, just as Zack Arias said we all are. There’s always something that you want to dive into. What’s your ocean?

Mine? Photography.

I want to take the plunge into the very wide, very deep, probably very cold ocean of a self-owned wedding photography business. Can I swim? Who knows, but all I can do right now is try and see. A new favorite quote from zarias’s blog is “A well known photographer once said that they dove in over their heads and swam for the top. That’s pretty inspirational.” Inspirational indeed! Not sure how long I will be under, but I am betting that I will not hit the water and stay on the top and just float… no one does. So, how long, how deep, and will I be able to swim to the top? Of course I will, I am determined, even if when I get to the top and have to climb back onto the dock, and start all over, and even, EVEN, if that ocean changes to some other path that the Lord puts in front of me. I will swim my little booty off, and I’m ready for it!

My last scheduled day at the front counter for the YMCA will be September 30th. There, I said it, out loud, wrote it down, and NOW its official! Yikes! What am I doing?

I will then sub for them if they need me, still sub for the school district, teach my photography class in October, all while applying for positions down in Portland, OR until I find something and be on my way. I am getting my resume polished up, with the help of Getta. A big Thank You to her! Collecting recommendations from people that I respect, and who are more than willing to share what high regards they have for me. I am truly in awe with all the support I am getting from everyone and I could not be as excited or willing to take these steps without them!

It’s going to be hard. I don’t do well with goodbyes, so I am VERY thankful I don’t have to say goodbye. Instead; See you later. See you laters still won’t be easy, but what’s easy? Let’s not take that step until it’s absolutely necessary!

So, I hope you are Prayin’, and thinkin’, and hopin’, and wishin’, and dreamin’…then plannin’ and taking those steps to the edge the dock and jump into whatever your dreams may be!

God Bless and Happy shooting!

~Kika



Shots from the weekend over in Puyallup/Seattle. Now THERES a blog just screaming to be made! haha Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment