Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dizzy

Thousands of miles an hour…

…And that’s just my head spinning!

I’m running in circles as fast as I can to keep up, and boy am I dizzy! Ha. I had a few days there where I wanted to run and scream like a little girl off the dock towards solid ground, but I guess being dizzy stopped me, turned me around and now I am back facing the end of the dock. I’m exhausted!

My ankle has been in much unwelcoming pain the last 6 months. Yes, that’s right, six whole months. I FINALLY went and did something about it almost a month ago after multiple times of waking up and not being able to walk. Plus the nagging of very good friends telling me to go to the doctor (Thanks guys) So, I went to the ER. I HATE the ER, but I guess I’m not alone on that one.

I called the free clinic in town and it would have been at least another month before I could go in. You would think after 5 months, one more month wouldn’t make a difference, but I was sick of not being able to walk and not knowing what was wrong with it. I don’t have a doctor, insurance, or money, so the ER it was.

I get into a room at the hospital after not too long of a wait (shocking) and they ask me questions and then took x-rays. They said they didn’t see anything in the x-ray and told me to not wear flip flops, which, for those who know me, is like asking a turtle to live out of its shell. That’s just mean! I also have to elevate it and ice it unreasonable intervals during the day. I have reluctantly worn tennis shoes and for the first few days afterward tried to elevate and ice it. I still can’t turn it or walk on it half the mornings, and limp around everywhere I go. It burns, swells, and hurts like none other most of the time. I had someone who saw my x-rays tell me that I have a bone spur. I did some research and it sure looks like she was right! I don’t know why the hospital wouldn’t tell me and just send me on my way!

I got billed for the ER visit and it was almost $600, not to mention the rest of the medical bills I have from when I had bronchitis. I applied for medical assistance giving my situation, and went down the other day to check on it to find out I got denied. I’m not blind, disabled (yet), and I don’t have any children. So I went and applied for financial aid at the hospital and still waiting to hear back.

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper with all of this.

On a happier note, I sent out several applications and resumes to people and got an email from Wellsfargo saying to call this number within 24 hours. So I did and it was a phone interview! Which I was totally not ready for! “Explain a conflict you’ve had dealing with customers and how you’ve solved it,” yeah… SO not ready for that one, umm, yeah, ok, MmHmm, sure. Aaaahhhh????? Haha I think it went well, I don’t know. I don’t know if they send that to everyone that applies and it means totally nothing and I’m not any closer to a job then I was 2 weeks ago, or if it does mean something and maybe I am closer…? Who knows! There’s just a LOT of praying and begging going on.

I’ll try not to keep all my adoring fans (All two of you… Hello mom! Hehe) waiting and keep ya’ll updated if and when I find something out.

Here’s a pic or two just for fun. Kelly... when we went to the beach with Polar. Found some shade and leaves. I looooove leaves and her husband supposedly loooooves Kelly’s pretty eyes! And who could blame him! ;)

Until next time…

Kika


No comments:

Post a Comment