Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Summers here and life is hitting the gas instead of the brake. In a nutshell, here is what my calendar looks like for July...
  • VBS - I'm responsible for the music and openings and closings for my church's VBS July 6-10. Been getting ready for it since July 1st. It's an African theme, so we have tons of percussion along with it. So much fun teaching little kids about Jesus while praising and working for Him! Awesome stuff!
  • Photography Class at the Y? Yep, that's me! I am teaching a photography field trip class at the Y every Thursday in July from 6-9pm. It started July 2nd. There are 19 people in the class and I had a great time the first session. Can't wait til next Thursday!
  • While working my normal 3-8pm shift at the Y, Tonja and I are training a new employee at the front desk.
  • The YMCA is doing a program in Sept. called Step Across the States, and I am heading up all the decorations and turning the whole Y into one giant game board/map. A HUGE project that if pulled off and turns out like how I see it in my head, its going to be truly amazing! Come check it out Spet. 1st!
  • House-sitting for 3 different people/families.
  • I am doing my first Portrait Party this month! Have never done one, so we shall see how it goes. I'm excited about it!
  • Two incredible friends, Donella Pratt and Jeff Clark are getting married July 18th over in Idaho. (Also both their birthdays!) I have the honor of being invited as one on a small guest list, plus take their pictures on their wedding day on the lake. Going over the Friday before, and come home the Sunday after to make a weekend out of it.
  • Camp Pahata - Out at Camp David Jr. on lake Crescent, the Y puts on Camp Pahata that's happening July 19-24th. I will be going out there during the day to take pictures, then coming into town to work the closing shift at the Y.
  • Including Donella and Jeff who are getting married on their birthday, there is also two more birthdays this month. My pastor and good friend Roger Stites, and my best friend since H.S. Jamie Burton. Happy Birthday you guys!!!
I bought a new camera and lens!!! I got the Nikon D700 (which hasn't come in the mail yet) and an 85mm f1.4 Nikkor Prime lens! I'm Stoked!
So, besides all that I have to find time to eat and sleep in there as well...
Yesterday, the 4th of July, was my first time in YEARS I have just stayed home for the holiday. I had a good day though being lazy and playing with my new lens!

I will try and be better at adding posts, so when I do, its not a novel.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday...

Flowers from my moms garden. I use her yard a lot to 'practice'

My bird, Kiwi, enjoying the outside

My first Yahtzee of the night!

Mmmm... Brauts on the Grill

My neighbors fireworks


Until next time...

~Kika

No comments:

Post a Comment